Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Sep 8, 2006

an intern looks back

Well, today my internship ends. While I wouldn't go so far as to say I learned a lot, I would say they paid me decently for my work. They didn't pay me all that much, and I didn't work all that much. It all evens out in the grand karmic circle of work. This summer has felt rather blurry. I don't really remember all that much of it. I felt like I spent most of my time running between my two jobs. The daily grind. I'd forgotten how easily it is to fall into it. When I think about my last job which I worked at for 5 years, I can see how easy it was to just stay there. You get caught up in the rhythm of it, and you don' t even notice.

I'm looking ahead now. The nice thing about being a student is that the rhythm of life changes often. It keeps you on your toes and makes you pay attention to what your doing. (Unless you're drunk half the time, and then the reverse is true. Being that I'm not much of a lush, it doesn't apply here.) So in a week and half my classes will start. But for now, I'm going to enjoy a week's vacation.

later, gator

4 comments:

Zegi said...

Well congratulations on not becoming a lush! We were worried the college lifestyle would get to you...

VJ said...

Now, I have to speak up in defense of the lushes. If you are only an occasional lush in college you can have great fun!
She may not be a lush now, but I remember a certain May Day at the University of Akron, with jello shots, tequlia rose, and some other tastey alocoholic beverages....

Paul-cant-dance said...

geez, this has been the longest day I can remember... it's lasted (what's 8 x 24?) 192 hours.

neonapple said...

Someday you will be the one bossing around the interns and you will rememember when you were one. I feel sorry for that intern I am sure you will make them work much harder than you had to. Enjoy the last few days befroe school starts again!