Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

May 19, 2006

grandeous dreams

You know everyonce in a while (like now) I read a book of essays. Recently published, amusing, almost anecdotal in nature. And I think to myself, hey I could do that. I could write a book of essays. I've got tons to say. I'm way interesting in my head, so I'm sure that'll translate to paper quite simply... Then I get here and stare at a blank screen. I finger the keyboard a little, my eyes roam around a while. I purse my lips and sometimes make a silly little noise as if I need to break the tension. Finally I'll settle on a loose little topic and hope the genius will just poor right out of me. Hardly genius, I know. But I guess you get what you pay for on a blog. Maybe I need a tape recorder. I'm funnier on the fly. As quickly as I type, there is still a thought delay. Maybe I just suck on delay. Can you still be an author if you use a tape recorder instead of a keyboard or pen? I'd like to think so. That way there's still hope for me. I can keep the dream alive a little longer.

I liked having an image yesterday to post, so I'm posting something else I'm working on for work. It's still in progress and needs some serious additions made, but I like it. I don't say that often about my work, so it's a bit of a deal for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Choose another color besides brown

neonapple said...

I like the brown!

Paul-cant-dance said...

there you go, write a brown essay about the color brown not being brown. It could work! A million little brown fibers... about a brown towel, er, uh, person, who likes to get high at all the wrong times. Or something like that.