Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

May 22, 2006

happy, happy! joy! joy!

The rain has stopped, and the clouds have parted. A ray of pure sunshine strikes my perfect moment... I got the call. THE call. I did in fact get the internship. YES! Apparently they didn't call me last week because of two of the managers each of whom thought they'd called me to give me the good news. Yes, yes... uhhhh, yes. I can't tell you what a relief this is to me. I was seriously beginning to wonder if I just suck in person. They all sit around saying that I look good on paper, but they don't' actually want to work with me.

Things just feel like they're getting better and better to me. I've been in a blue funk for weeks, but school will be over in a few weeks, I got the internship, I tested out of two French courses and my current job is going great, too. My boss wants me to work on an outside project with him designing a web site. Which is great because I really don't' have a recent web site to add to my portfolio. PLUS, he's giving me a crack at redesigning the company's logo. It may not go anywhere, but I'm flattered he's letting me try.

2 comments:

VJ said...

Congratulations on the internship! That is very exciting and maybe it could turn into a full time job once you graduate, at the very least it will look awesome on your resume. You don't suck in person, well not to me anyway.

neonapple said...

Woo hoo! I knew you could do it! Way to go! What a great job to have for your resume! Maye you could work for them when you graduate?