Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

May 18, 2006

a first for everything

This is a first for me. I designed a mailing piece for work and they aren't going to run it because it looks too good. It's too professional for a government institution they said. As a government, non-profit we aren't allowed to look like we're trying to compete with companies like AT&T and the private sector companies. Someone actually said something I designed would look like something a major company would put out. While on the one hand, I feel very complimented... I'm also hurt because the week of work is down the tubes and no one will ever see it. I may keep it for the old portfolio, but it will forever be tainted for me. I'd hate to put something that didn't run into my portfolio. I love that all my stuff in there is actually stuff that went through the whole approval process and still came out on the other end looking good...

Here's the front and back. Now I don't actualy think it looks like an AT&T piece, but someone did....


1 comment:

VJ said...

Well aren't you just hot! I think it looks great, I will have Paul take a look at it and get his feed back since it had something to do with networks. You should be very proud of it, and absolutely put it in your portfolio.