Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Mar 17, 2006

miss the bus?

What a fool I am!

So I got up and got ready for work/school as usual. I went out and stood on the corner waiting for the bus. I waited and waited. No bus. I finally looked at the posted sign attached to the bus sign's post. No bus today. WHAT! I knew there would be no bus during spring break and in fact I'd considered buying a west campus parking permit so I wouldn't have any issues getting to and from work, BUT that isn't supposed to be an issue until next week. The dam buses are still supposed to run during finals week or so I thought. I had two options at this point. ONE: walk to campus and wait 15 minutes for a loop bus to cart me out to work or TWO take my car, drive to the parking office and buy a parking permit so I can drive my car to work. I figured both options were going to make me equally late for work so I called my boss, left a message that I'd be late and drove off to buy myself a permit.

It's odd knowing that my car is outside my work building right now. I've gotten so used to relying on the bus. Sometimes I actually really like the bus. I mean I can read and not have to think about anything. On the other hand, it of course takes longer to get home. The extra time either relaxes me or frazzles me depending on how much I feel I have to do for the night. But I figure, with the new parking pass, I'll probably only take the bus to school 2 days a week instead of 5. It will depend on my work schedule. Since my pass is the cheapest one, it's only good out in the boondocks where I work.

2 comments:

Zegi said...

Just so you have a permit. You wouldn't want to get a huge backlog of tickets that might prevent the university from bestowing a degree on you. That would really stink.

Paul-cant-dance said...

it's all in the timing. just like getting thru the sinking logs in level three of Star Wars the Phantom Menace, you just got to time the turn and jump. Or when Obi Wan waited for young Skywalker to see him before allowing Darthie Pooh to whack him.

You could have used the Jedi Mind trick on the bus driver to make the block and pick you up, but that might push you towards the Dark Side....