Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Mar 28, 2006

I won't lie to you

Today was the first day of spring classes. I won't lie, I wasn't really looking forward to it. I'd grown used to having free time. I enjoyed reading books and spending time with my husband. I watched movies and window shopped. I daydreamed and took naps. It was the good life. But that's all over now. Today it has begun again. I think I'm just looking forward to summer break where I will "only" work. Working doesn't seem like an "only" I know, but it does to me now.

I had two classes today and will have a third tomorrow. Today's classes were a communications persuasive writing course and a design photoshop course. The persuasive writing will be my nightmare this quarter. 4 papers with citations and footnotes AND a persuasive speech at the end. (I am currently taking suggestions for topics I can research and write about. The whole class I will be researching the same topic so it needs to be good...) The design class is a snore. I could teach the darn thing so far. I'm planning on doing my homework for my other classes during that class time. It's going to be a hassle more than a challenge that's for sure.

So now I will go off to bed. I have a long day of work of school ahead of me. I'm already behind in my readings! Wish me luck.

3 comments:

neonapple said...

Topic ideas for the persuasive paper:

prochoice vs. prolife
public vs. private school
working mom's vs. stay-at-home moms
using renewable energy vs. fossil fuels
why people should buy organic
why everyone should like Star Wars & Star Trek

VJ said...

Wow you get to do footnotes???? Are you sure it isn't just parenthectical citations? Not many profs require footnotes. Do you have to use scholarly/peer reviewed articles too?
If you need research help I am only a mouse click away.
You should try to pick a topic that you find interesting. Remember your paper in High school on the female thing, how interesting you found that. If you pick a boring topic you won't enjoy the class.

Zegi said...

Well, you could spark some controversy by suggesting topics like:
"the civil war had nothing to do with slavery"
"our borders should be protected with man-eating lions and rabid german shephards to prevent illegal immigration"
"There is no such thing as a Native American"

Naturally I don't believe any of those things, (though there were many reasons for the civil war) but it could be interesting to figure out how to argue for points like that. VJ mentioned a female thing...don't know what it was, but maybe something about the disparity between pay rates for men versus women?