Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Mar 28, 2006

of course I don't mean to complain

I am very concerned. I returned to school to be challenged. Yes, my ultimate goal is to get my degree, but I would actually like to learn a few things along the way. I don't think I'm going to be learning all that much this semester. Oh sure, I'll have homework and projects due. I'll be quite busy some weeks I'm sure. BUT I don't think I'm going to grow as an artist. I'll have to hope that maybe next year I'll get more of a challenge. My two design classes are a joke. I felt like I could teach my photoshop course and my design class today was beyond simple. We actually practiced drawing straight lines and circles. Its funny a few weeks ago I was complaining that I was sick of proving that I could draw. This class actually assumes I can't and wants to teach me! My homework is to practice writing my name in a cool looking way. My college homework is to write my name cool. This is literally an exercise I did in high school. I'm trying not to be too down on these classes though. I'm sure if I pay attention and hang in there I'll pick up a couple of nuggets that will prove beneficial in the future. It's just going to be tough staying awake until then...

1 comment:

Paul-cant-dance said...

Take the Pepsi Challenge....

When I took a poetry class at A&M, the objective was about the same - 'write your name poetically', so to speak. We were given several topics, challenged each other's work, but most people did the bare minimum.

Me, I wrote over 200 poems in that class, and compiled about 120 of the better ones into a book I want to get published, and actually got two of the poems published.

So, write your name 'cool' in fifty different ways and styles. Do every project overboard, it may not be that you learn anything from the class, but you'll push yourself and learn from experience and practice.