Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Jan 12, 2006

wobbly

Well I made a cylinder today. It was only about 5 inches tall at best and it has a serious wobble issue. I saved it just in case it’s the only thing I’m able to make. I’m supposed to have 10 cylinders by next Wednesday. Whew, I don’t know about that. My teacher repealed her assignment a bit today. She said we could have cylinders of any height. I don’t think we’re as good as she was hoping. Certainly I’m not. I will take off a day or two from throwing and try again on Friday, Saturday and I should try on Monday since I won’t have any classes that day. I need the practice. My hands are drying out pretty quick though from all the clay. I’m walking around with lotion all the time now. If I don’t my hands start to ache and my palms itch. (insert joke about itchy palms here)

Other than that all my classes seem fine. My communications class is a huge lecture hall with 400 students. The prof makes the information fun and manages to interact a lot with the students during class. I just hope the tests aren’t too hard. My photoshop class is fine of course. I try not to seem too bored. I ordered the flash book for the second half of the class. I figure since photoshop is such a no brainer I should start working on the part of the class that’ll be more of a challenge.

My big plans on the horizon are to take down the Christmas tree and start on some curtains. I think Brian and I have been in denial about the tree, but the time has come for it to leave us for another year.

5 comments:

VJ said...

you still have your tree up? What is wrong with you college student people? We took ours down December 30!!!!! The longer you live it up the longer winter will last, don't they teach you anything in school? Geez... As for the palms, I think you are ok as long as you don't start growing hair on them or have a sudden case of blindness....

Anonymous said...

cylinders? You're making cylinder? and the teacher had to real the assignment? Are you in a special class?

logoANN said...

Cylanders are harder than you'd think , especially ones so tall. My hands are barely 6 inches.

Anonymous said...

your blog wastes my valuable time. If I knew where you lived I'd smack you. Who is this "v?" Tell her to get her own blog. Who is she to complain that a tree is still up!?! The real issue is that you have a tree up at all. I learned that Christmas trees were childish over 40 years ago. I'm sure since that you are in your early 20's (being a college student and all) you haven't shed off the commercialization of the holiday's but come on already. Isn't you husband man enough to tell you to clean up.

Paul-cant-dance said...

As far as cylinders go, they have many popular uses - for example, where would the engine be if it didn't have cylinders for the pistons? It would be another dark age.

As far as V(j) goes, well, she does have her own blog, and I'm quite content with her conservative yet liberal sense of humor...

pottery class, in the traditional sense ,first started in the middle ages when Lords and Ladies existed, the Ladies needing something to do while the Lords were out ravaging the peasants and pillaging the countryside. It was a logical step - pottery classes.

I'm confident that if we look closely, we can actually find a link between the first cylinder and later combustable engines.