Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Jan 5, 2006

stoner kid

Lucky me. I am of course fairly new to the area. I don't have many friends here, and I don't know many people on campus. I'm trying to work on my people skills and figure out how people make friends. Now I CAN make friends. It just takes a minimum of 2-3 years of consistent contact to make it happen. Now the "lucky" part is I know one kid. I call him "Stoner Kid." I don't know his name because I figured/hoped I'd never see him again after my photography class wrapped up. However, I see Stoner Kid all the time. He hangs around central campus where I do most of my business. He rides the same bus home as I do. We end up having 2 minute conversations about nothing, and end it in weird silences which trail off into nothingness.

Now most people might just agree to stop all eye contact and cease all forms of communication. Especially since all our communication is weird and forced. BUT NO! This kid keeps making dam eye contact. Why!? I know why. It's because he's Stoner Kid. Stoner Kid doesn't wear a watch and needs to know the time. Stoner Kid can't get the bus schedule memorized. Stoner Kid wants to compare our photo grades. I can't escape him. I've seen him everyday last week at least once a day. The good days are where we only nod at each other from a distance. I try to keep the distance as much as possible. I've even walked in a slighly different direction just so he won't quite fall onto my path.

Now don't go getting all cute and thinking he "likes" me or something. I introduced him once to Brian. It was weird making introductions because I could't very well refer to him as Stoner Kid to his face. Besides, I'm taller than Stoner Kid and even he must feel weird about that. Now I know, I know. He's Stoner Kid. Clearly Stoner Kid might not be firing on all his cylanders. If he were, his nick-name might be Preppy Boy or Average Joe.

So lucky me only ever runs into one person she knows while on campus. Stoner Kid. Maybe I could put a bell on him or something. He probably wouldn't even notice.

1 comment:

Zegi said...

Maybe if you asked him where to get some drugs he'd be creeped out and leave you alone. Or you could just suddenly tell him you worry for his soul and offer him some religious zealout pamphlets of your own making. It could be fun. You might start your own cult.