Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Jan 6, 2006

crossing the finish line

I did it. It's done. Yup, yup, yup, I'm done. I handed in my design scool entrace exam with twenty minutes to spare. I was so excited I went to Starbucks for a grande Carmel Apple Cider. Yes, I got the grande 'cause I am quite the big spender! And it's time to celebrate.

Let me give you a bit of a low down on the exam. It was a total of 35 pages. 20 pages where of supplimental work I wanted to show them, and 20 was the max. Then 2 pages of a survey where the try to figure out if your in design just to get big paychecks. (yeah, right!) One essay on why I want to be a desiger. 2 pages showing a logo I like and why. 2 pages showing a logo I don't like and why and then 1 more page showing my own improved version of the logo. 2 hand-drawn, fully shaded sketched of a fruit or vegetable with a kitchen utensil. 2 pages of hand-drawn illustration on how to change a tire with absolutely no text. Plus 4 more pages of the development of the changing a tire problem. 1 page of exracurricular activities. And so on and so on.

Now that it's handed in, I can focus on my new classes, getting my apartment back in order and the fun project of my new curtains. Yeah! I am so going to goof off tonight!

I won't hear about the results for 3-4 weeks. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

VJ said...

Well, at least you had 20 minutes to spare. That is better than just turning it in at the exact time it is due. I am sure you did great and we will be keeping our fingers crossed for you. When you get your acceptance letter we will come down and take you to the Cheesecake Factory (just you, not Brian!) we are on a budget also! Seriously we will come celebrate with you. Who knows maybe in 3-4 weeks we will both have something to celebrate.