Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Jan 4, 2006

genetics

Hello all. (I say all as if more than maybe 5 people will actually read this, and I know 5 is an optimistic number.) Well, winter classes began yesterday. I'm behind in my work already. I have to take 45 digital pictures for photoshop class today, and I am supposed to be reading chapters 1 & 3 of a book I haven't bought yet. Plus I have a ceramics class later today. I'm really hoping ceramics doesn't expect a lot of outside the class work. Then again I didn't think Photoshop would have a lot of outside work, and here I am toting around my camera today.

Additionally I'm working on my school of design application. I had all break to do it, but just as I am genetically programmed to do, I procrastinated. The application is due on Friday and I have 3 components left. I need to draw a sequence of pics illustrating how to change a tire, write a letter stating my intentions, and I have to finsih compiling 20 samples of additional work I'd like to present. I'm hoping the letter and the compliling won't be too bad. Now the tire thing will be a pain in the butt which is why I put that one off the most. But, it is my goal to have it completed tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

Now after I get my application in AND catch up on my school work AND do the massive laundry pile currently mocking me in my bedroom, I will begin work on a more fun project which I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about. I will be attempting to sew curtains. For christmas I got a 3/4 size sewing machine. I haven't sewn anything since 7th grade, but I don't remember it being all that hard. Plus I'm going to keep it simple. Each window will get only one panel probably the exact width of a bolt of fabric. I figure cutting will be the hardest part so I'll let JoAnn Fabrics handle that for me. So one panel that will swag to one side. I'm very excited about it. I have a lot of windows and not much money. Again cross your fingers for me.

Okay that is your Ann update for the day. I will now attempt to reply to all my email. It's a good thing I'm not working at work today!

3 comments:

VJ said...

First of all blamming procrastation on genetic programming is a bunch of bull pucky. If we really believed in genetic programming, what would I be like? Not the person I am today! So buck up.
As for the curtains, you are a better women than I. You do realize that different fabrics come in different widths? So if you use different fabric on different windows you would need to check on that. If you would want to bribe your best friend and her husband with maybe a movie or dinner, or just the pleasure of your company, they may come to visit and bring his new sewing machine...and he could sew the curtains for you.......

logoANN said...

I appreciate all of Paul's talents, and it may be that I pick his brain for a few tips. But it's the feeling of accomplishment that I'm after. Besides if I used his machine, my shiny new present would go to waste.

Zegi said...

Go Ann! Can't wait to see some pics of the new window fashions.