Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Dec 14, 2005

what was I thinking?!

I made a mistake today.

Well, first of all Brian is sick. Now on the one hand, this is terrible since he's tired and coughing with a sore throat. It is especially terrible because he will drag himself to work tonight to do manual labor for 4-6 hours. However, this does have a small, itty-bitty upside. He claims to never get sick. I've been married to him for nearly 6 years so I know this a lie or some sort of male denial. While I don't enjoy his illness, I do enjoy his being wrong. I hope my marriage lasts another 6 years dispite these feelings...

Back to me and the mistake. Since he is sick I drove to work today. I don't have a campus parking pass because there is a campus bus which goes right by my house. BUT, they've stopped running the bus over winter break. Just my luck. Brian's been driving me the last few days, BUT I say again, he's sick. He was pathetic when he tried to get up, so I told him I'd drive and park in the pay to park deck. Walking would have taken too long, and I didn't want to be late to work. I'll save that until 6 months into the job at least. I figured the deck would cost about $3 or so. Turns out it's $6. Now this may not seem like big money to most of you out there, but that's my fun money for the week. I guess Starbucks will have to go without my business for the week. I hope they can continue to keep their doors open during this temporary setback.

This is the mistake I made. What happened to my life that $6 is a hardship. While I am soo glad to be in school, I miss disposable income. Those of you out there with real jobs who don't think they have disposable income, consider $6. If that doesn't seem like a big deal, you actually do have disposable income. I miss mine...

3 comments:

VJ said...

Well, I have a "real" job and I worry about $6. I think we are just being money wise. Did you really need that drink from Starbucks? No, you just wanted it. The first step on the road to financial independence is asking yourself "do I really NEED this" before you buy anything!
Ofcoarse I am saying that because we want to get a mortage in the next year.

Anonymous said...

I've only said that I rarely get sick, not never

Anonymous said...

Brian is gay for getting sick.