Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Dec 13, 2005

trapped and knotted

You can tell when you hate your job when a knot forms at the base of your neck exaclty one hour into the work day every day. I am trapped here like a bug on a windshield. I have no idea why I agreed to work from 9-5 the past two days. I remind myself that college COURSES are why I'm here not this little campus job. I would be fine if this knot would go away. I mean, it's actually painful. My boss has caught me rubbing neck so many times now it's getting embarrassing. Now I should just shut the hell up. "It's not that bad a job. How hard can typing, filing and answering the phone be," you say. "My job is much harder than yours." You have a valid point, but this job is literally a pain in the neck.

There's light at the end of long tunnel though. Tomorrow I work half a day and then it's sweet, sweet freedom for 6 glorious days. "What will I do with my 6 days of unfettered freedom," you ask? I will do as little as possible -obviously. Well that's not true, I have tons to do. I need to clean my pathetically dirty apartment. I swore up and down to myself all quarter that the bathroom would get the scurbbing of a lifetime when winter break started. Plus I need to throw out all the statistics homework that's piled on my dining room floor. (Dining room is a fancy title for the room I study in.) If I get it clean enough I'll unclude a picture on this blog.

PLUS, I have a great deal of reading to do. I spent my Autumn quarter reading important literature, and it totally cut into my Harry Potter and Stephen King plans. I plan to rectify that as well over the break. But for now, I sit behind this desk and smile when people enter the room and ask, "can I help you?" I hope I at least sound convincing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you freaking whiner.

Anonymous said...

I think we all have those days when we definately don't want to be at work and I give thanks that my employer pays for super quick DSL that I can surf on and keep my Netflix up to date while I am at the office. But if my boss asks I only do research on the internet -- nerver ever to play Bejeweled on Ms Zone Games :-)

Anonymous said...

I think we all have those days when we definately don't want to be at work and I give thanks that my employer pays for super quick DSL that I can surf on and keep my Netflix up to date while I am at the office. But if my boss asks I only do research on the internet -- nerver ever to play Bejeweled on Ms Zone Games :-)