Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Dec 15, 2006

feet dragging

My office is having their holiday party. The other student assistants are gone for the break. So it's just me. I'm not good at socializing. I don't' want to go down their again... Well, I forced myself to go to the auditorium where they are having this shin-dig, but there was such a long line for the food... I bailed and headed back for my desk. All I want is get my free food and hide out at my desk for a while. Is that so much to ask? I wish I were one of those gregarious, outgoing people that don't need a month to get comfortable with people. Even people I know a little make me nervous. Plus, I hate that awkward small talk junk. I'm not good at it anyways. Okay, here I go for attempt 2 to get some food... wish me luck.

happy holidays.

3 comments:

VJ said...

As a student you are expected to attend any function that offers free food! Now I must admitt that the graduate student fuctions normally have better food, but work party food isn't bad.

neonapple said...

Free food! I agree it is your duty as a poor college student to attend any event that features free food!

Zegi said...

The free food thing should be so ingrained that by the time you graduate and go back to work any sign of free food should send you scurrying to the source as if your life depends on it, no matter what the foodstuff or how long it appears to have lacked refrigeration.