Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Nov 20, 2006

relief

What a relief.

I went into this past weekend in a terrible mood. Due to some sort of mix up and a misunderstanding, I thought I was totally screwed over in French course. I missed a couple of appointments with the French department. (I'm taking a French course where you make one-on-one appointments instead of attending a regularly scheduled class.) Now I knew I'd missed these 2 appointments, but it was the first ones I'd ever missed and you are only penalized if you miss a total of 4. Due to some mix up, the department thought I'd missed 2 previously and those plus the 2 I actually missed brought me to 4. So they dropped all my appointments for the next two weeks. Well, school is only in session for another two weeks! I'd would be near to impossible to get all my work done. With no appointments, I'd have to wait around their offices in hopes that someone wouldn't show up for an appointment. With the end of the quarter looming this seemed unlikely to me. Then as if that weren't bad enough... I got a friendly reminder email from the department reminding me that all my French work had to be completed by Wednesday - a week and a half early! Now, I'd sat down with one of the grad students and made out a schedule of the quarter for myself and at no time did she mention this deadline. Well, I was in quite a snit by Friday. If I had to pass two French tests by Wednesday (with no appointments!) I would have to get cracking. I locked myself in the library Friday night, but things looked bleak.

Luckily on Saturday afternoon, the assistant director of the French department responded to my frantic emails and told me not to worry. He fixed it so I could make appointments again and told me the Wednesday deadline would not apply to me. Whew! I am so relieved that he could get back to me over the weekend. Everything is right with the world again.

The only down side is that I have to reschedule new appointments for myself. My previous appointments where all given away during the one day I was without my privilege. This puts me a little behind scheduled, but I am in much better shape now than I was on Friday!

1 comment:

Zegi said...

Boy, I guess they are serious about those appointments!