Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Aug 16, 2006

pockets of time

I am guilt free blogging today. I completed my assignment from yesterday, I have alerted my bosses that I am available for a new one and now I wait. The weird thing about being an intern is the lack of responsibility. I don't have a large on going project that is my responsibility to monitor and get out. I just sit here and ask for work when I'm out. Part of me likes this and thinks that is just fine (It's the same part that sees my paycheck every week.) and part of me wishes that I were like the permanent staff with a clear and defined roll in the system that is making a school text book. I'd have a deadline or goal I'm working to achieve (...and a bigger paycheck to go with it too.)

Then on a completely different note... I am looking forward to school starting again. I want to walk around between classes and enjoy the fresh air. I want to dress comfy and sloppy and be fine with it. I want to sit on the bus and read instead of having to drive myself to work. But of course, when you check back on this blog after a few months of being back at school, I'm sure I'll be wishing it were all over too and I were back at work. I just can't be happy?!

2 comments:

VJ said...

No, you can't be happy. By the end of the second week you are going to be complaining of all the work you have to do. I know you, school only holds that mystical allure for about a week.
I have a busy week and a half left to gear up for the invasion. Once nice thing is that my husband will be part of the invasion this semester.

logoANN said...

So that's what's wrong with me... I can't hold my allure!