Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Feb 7, 2006

test day

I know the general concensus is to have more loyalty to my new job than my old one. I agree, but when your boss is staring at you saying "we're really going to need two weeks notice." It's hard to be firm - at least for me. I wrote my new boss and told him to let me know if it was a problem. If for any reason it is, then I'll leave the old job without feeling badly about it. I really will. I haven't yet heard from the new boss yet though. I should call and see if he got my email...

I also have a test today - if you're interested. I studied but it's over a bunch of communication theories which have weird names that make it easy to get them mixed up. I understand each theory, but it's the names I keep getting confused. Cross your fingers for me. This test is 50% of my grade. That's a lot of pressure.

I also spoke with my advisor today. She's encouraging me to design my own major. It's called a personal study program. You can make up your own major, and even give it a name. However, I have to find at least two professors who will back me up and advise me through and I have to fill out paperwork and write an essay to justify it. Right now I'm thinking I'll take as many graphic design classes and communication/advertising classes. I need to look A LOT more into it, but that's the plan so far. It seems to change often for me though.

1 comment:

VJ said...

I think you made the right decision. Although many think that is is just "a college job" it is still a job. You made a commitment to the people you work for. If your new job is ok with you starting a week late I think you should do your two weeks. It takes a little time to advertise and replace somebody as great as you! If your other job can't wait then you just have to explain that to your current boss. It is the adult thing to do, and while you may be a student you are also an adult.
As for the communication theories, I always made up little acroynms to help me remember them.