Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Feb 20, 2006

nerd heaven

You can stop searching people. I have found it. I have found Nerd Heaven, and now I work there. The supercomputer center I work at is a haven for overeducated dorks and nerds. My boss was showing me around this morning. I've been promised a closer tour of the virtual reality room some time in the future, and to learn more about the center, I need to spend some time sitting in front of an informational touch screen plasma tv. Awesome.

My job seems pretty cool. However, I have only been there for a few hours and I had to leave early because my passwords weren't all set up yet. So the tour and the paperwork, I guess, left a favorable impression. Pus the building is fairly new and filled with monster computers, huge plasma sized monitors and a lot of people a little too into Star Wars. Perfect.

I had to take two buses to get to the opposite end of campus for work this morning. I was maybe five minutes late, but my boss was almost a half hour late so he had no clue about my 5 measly minutes.

2 comments:

Zegi said...

I'm sure if you take a closer look you will also see Star Trek nerds and maybe even Battlestar Galactica.

neonapple said...

I am so happy uou found your way home to the nerd motherland! I agree with Zegi, I am sure there are Trek and BG fans there too! Do you get a desk where you can celebrate your personial nerdiness? If not we will have to send you a SW or Trek shirt to wear to work.