Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Feb 6, 2006

hello, I quit

Why don't people get it?! I gave my current job a week's notice that I was going to a new position. Now I know you're thinking, "Isn't two weeks customary?" But this is a student job. It's not like they need to cancel my 401k and pay out vacation days. So I gave them my notice on Friday, and today my boss says that she's "really going to need me for two weeks." What part of "I quit" don't you get? I'm not ASKING to be let go; I am saying I won't be coming here anymore. Generally that means I should get to decide when I leave. I could stop typing right now, get up, walk out of the building and never return. What would they do? Call me and as me to come back for a few weeks?

So now I'm in this awkward position with my NEW boss. I had to email him and ask him if I could delay staring his job by another week. We'll see what he says. If he wants me there in a week and not two, I'll just have to figure something out I suppose.


My new job is working as a graphic design assistant to the graphic designer for the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC). For more information you can check out this link: www.osc.edu It sounds like a cool job in a cool place. The only downside is that the job is on the other side of campus. Other as in across the river. I'll need to take two campus buses to get there from my house. It'll be worth it to have a job I enjoy again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just drop your old job like a dead weight, honey. Don't see why your so concerned with that job. Man, you don't even give me credit for finding your new job...I'm so not appreicated.

logoANN said...

I have fixed the oversight.

neonapple said...

Phewey on the old job - don't stay longer than when you originally said - you rnew job is more important - you don't want to leave an awkward position only to begin a new position awkwardly too.

VJ said...

Wow, brian speaks.......