Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Feb 9, 2006

catch up

I didn't do my laundry yesterday. I left work with a raging headache. I went home, took some medicine and took a nap. By the time I got up, it was dark and I didn't want to trapse over to the next building to do it. So my clothes remain in the giant heap located ironically right next to my clothes basket. I'd lie to you and say I'd do it tonight, but it's back to pottery lab tonight. I am trimming some bowls. If I can trim them well, I think they will look good. Finally, something that looks just like it was supposed to. Well, I should wait until I trim and glaze before I get too excited.

I must say the internet is so great at helping me keep in touch with my friends. I'm bad at making calls, I'll own that, but with my time so constrained I know that without email I would have alienated everyone by now. So thank you internet gods.

I had a really good morning at work today too by the way. I worked in the school's computer lab on a web site for a graduate club associated with the school I work for. I don't know why I love it so much, but I walked out of there with a buzz and feeling excited. I didn't even do that much; I built the bones for the site. I can't wait to get back to making stuff for a living again! I so hope college gets me the job I'm dreaming of...

2 comments:

Zegi said...

We must feel grateful for the internet the way our forefathers (and mothers) felt about the telephone. Pen? Paper? Forget it! Pick up the phone and call! Flash forward to now...heft the receiver? Remember the number? No way! Type it and go!

neonapple said...

Oh and don't forge to thank Al Gore - ya know he invented the internet :-) I know that was really old and bad but I don't care.