Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

May 1, 2008

a g.d. award

I am a winner.

No Ed didn't show up at my house with one of those giant checks... if only! But I can now say I am an award winning graphic designer. At the very least I can say that I am part of an award winning department. Yesterday at a luncheon over chicken and rolls, my team won an award for the research report I designed. Since we only entered 3 items into the contest, it was quite a long shot that we'd win. But, we got lucky. We took first place in the Annual Report (Non-Profit) category. It was quite an honor. We were up against agencies and larger organizations, and yet our little squad came up tops.

Luckily, we convinced the boss lady to do the walk up to the podium. The mere thought of getting up in front of a ballroom full of people would have made me quite nervous. Fear not avid reader, I did not miss my Oscar moment. There were no rushed words of thanks with an awkward swell of exit music. The acceptees simply walked up and grabbed the piece of fancy plastic and sat down. Now the best part of the award is having it displayed in my cube. (Its in mine because that is where we store the annual reports and in order to display the award next to the award winning report, it must therefore be stored in my cube. Plus I have a double-wide cube which allows for the crowds of lookie-loos.) I may put up some little velvet ropes or something for the crowd control...

Here's a pic of the report and the award. Feel free to bask in the greatness...

2 comments:

VJ said...

That is AWESOME. So we will have something to celebrate (besides I survived the semester) when I come to visit!
I am so proud of you, don't you feel all warm and gooey inside?

logoANN said...

I am quite proud. If you cracked me open the goo would ooze out like Nickelodeon slime.