Okay, the site is no longer ugly. It's just boring. Progress is progress people. Try to be more like me and focus on the positive.

Jun 14, 2006

bed times

I had my first day at the new internship today. It went well and luckily everyone has a nameplate over their desks so memorizing names doesn't have to be as big a deal as I feared. The offices are really nice especially since the building is only 5 years old. They are running out of office space though and my desk (which is actually a plastic folding table) is in an alcove of a hallway. The good news is that I have a window, the bad news is that its a floor to ceiling huge one that is near blinding since my desk butts up against it. Plus I kept findiing myself looking past my computer screen to stare at the clouds as they pass by. Needless to say it doesn't look good for the newbie to be woolgathering instead of actually working.

The job seems like it will be fine. I don't think I'll be revolutionizing their designs anytime soon, but it seems like nice steady reasonable work which is fine by me. Besides I still have my other job where I am really creative there. So one day down and a whole summer to go. Tomorrow will be a more average day where I will work from 8-1 at the uber corporate McGraw-Hill offices and then from 2-5 at the laid back university center.

My big goal is to start being in bed by 11pm. Since it's already 10:30 tonight might already be a bust.

2 comments:

neonapple said...

Congrats on surviving the first day at the uber corporate gig!

Good luck on the early bed times that is a battle I fight every night. Unfortuntely I find as I get older (at the ripe old age of 31) going to bed earlier is easier and easier. I can forsee the fights with future kids now - they will be wanting to stay up late and I bill be tired and wiped out.

Paul-cant-dance said...

Internship - that sounds SOOO COOOL!!! What's it like working at a hospital?